Three criminals shot dead in NoidaApril 17th, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 17 (IANS) The Noida police gunned down three criminals Wednesday night in an encounter on the Noida-Greater Noida Expressway. Noida police chief A.S. Ganesh Thursday said they had definite information of the criminals’ movement in the area.
A Sector-39 police team, during patrolling around 10.30 p.m., tried to flag down a Maruti car in which the three criminals were travelling. Instead of complying, they speeded up the expressway.
The police team chased them. The criminals started firing at the police and the police returned the fire. In the exchange of fire, the three criminals were shot. They were taken to a government hospital where doctors declared them dead.
On the basis of the papers found in their pockets, the criminals were identified as Sanjay Garg, Zahir and Birju.
Garg, a resident of Dadri, has 25 criminal cases registered against him in various police stations of Noida, Ghaziabad, Bulandshahr and Meerut in Uttar Pradesh.
Zahir, a resident of Dadri, has 33 criminal cases in the police stations of Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad, Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh and Delhi.
Birju, a resident of Champawat (Uttarakhand), has six criminal cases against him in Noida and Ghaziabad.
The police recovered five pistols, one revolver, two knives, 25 live cartridges and four used cartridges from their vehicle. Rs.50,000 in cash were also recovered from them.
The Maruti 800 car was found to bear a forged registration number HR-51 F 9580 which was the number of a Bajaj scooter registered in Haryana.
- Ghaziabad shootout latest twist in mounting extortion trade - Nov 22, 2011
- Three killed in firing at marriage function - Nov 19, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Company razes ancient temple in Noida - Jan 29, 2012
- Robbers flee with media house vehicle after attacking driver - Jul 21, 2009
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Noida-Greater Noida expressway closed Wednesday for CWG trial - Sep 21, 2010
- Withdraw cases against Bhatta farmers: Rajnath to Akhilesh - May 08, 2012
- Two arrested for attack on gang leader in Ghaziabad - Nov 25, 2011
- Criminal gunned down by police in Ghaziabad - May 16, 2010
- Wanted criminal gunned down in Noida - Jan 02, 2010
- Husband of village pradhan shot dead - Sep 23, 2011
- Police arrest two, recover articles stolen from museum - Jun 29, 2010
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Fourth Lead, correcting designation in para 4) - May 09, 2011
- Farmers' fury spreads, death toll four (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011