Three cops thrashed in Greater NoidaSeptember 4th, 2010 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Sep 4 (IANS) Three policemen, including a sub- inspector, were badly beaten up by villagers while they were checking vehicles in the Bisrakh area of Greater Noida Saturday morning, officials said.
According to Bisrakh police station officer Harish Chand Joshi, Sub-Inspector Raj Singh, along with constables Dharmendra Dixit and Lal Ram, was checking vehicles on the Haldoni T-point near Jalpura and stopped three youths, all minors, riding on one motorcycle.
“The boys neither had any paper nor a driving licence. They were all minors. When our team started seizing their vehicle and began the challaning procedure, the youths misbehaved with our staff personnel,” he said.
The youths also started calling their friends and family members. Soon two cars, full of people armed with iron rods and hockey sticks, reached the spot and the police team was attacked.
The injured policemen were later taken to a nearby local hospital from where they were referred to district hospital in Noida.
The sub-inspector sustained fracture in his right hand and ribs, while the two constables suffered severe internal injuries.
Till Saturday evening, ten people involved in the attack were identified in the incident and two of them had been arrested.
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- Youths run over policemen in Greater Noida - Feb 20, 2010
- Youth shoots at cops inside Kanpur police station - Mar 30, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Policeman mowed down in Noida - Feb 19, 2010
- Kanpur cop dies after being shot inside police station (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Escaping police check, two teenagers die in collision - Jun 02, 2011
- Four Delhi Police personnel injured in accident - Apr 08, 2012
- Police officer shot, critical - Aug 25, 2010
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- 300 obese Pakistani cops removed from field jobs - Jun 22, 2012
- Three policemen injured in Bengal village - Sep 28, 2010
- Case against police station: Five cops suspended - Jun 17, 2011
- Goa policeman suspended for gambling on duty - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: chand joshi, constables, dharmendra, dixit, driving licence, fracture, hockey sticks, internal injuries, iron rods, lal, local hospital, police station, police team, policemen, raj singh, ribs, saturday evening, saturday morning, staff personnel, two cars