Three cops jailed for 10 years for torture deathJune 1st, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, June 1 (IANS) A CBI court here Friday sentenced three Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to 10 years jail term on charges of torturing a group of boys, one of whom died in custody.
Special CBI judge A.K. Singh awarded the 10-year sentence to the station officers of Khurja Dehat, Khurja City and Gulaothi police stations.
The court sentenced three constables to three years in jail while another policeman was acquitted for lack of evidence.
Central Bureau of Investigation prosecutor S. Islam said police in Khurja took nine boys into custody May 7, 1995. One of them, Raju, died after being injured during interrogation.
- Three convicted for professor's murder - Sep 22, 2011
- Corruption a gigantic problem: Court - Jun 10, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Noida land scandal: Ex-official gets four-year jail (Second Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Two get life term for murder of Meerut university professor - Sep 23, 2011
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Noida land scandal: Ex-official gets four-year jail (Third Lead) - Dec 07, 2010
- Ex-army officer gets 10 years jail for torturing son - Aug 04, 2012
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow wants more compensation - Sep 05, 2011
- Railway Recruitment Board chairman sent to jail - Jun 24, 2010
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- 18 provident fund scam accused discharged - Jun 07, 2011
- 'Biscuit King' Pillai's widow awarded Rs.10 lakh compensation (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012