Three contract killers held in DelhiMarch 9th, 2011 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 9 (IANS) Three contract killers, who were also involved in numerous robberies, were arrested from east Delhi, police said Wednesday. The men used to rob businessmen after obtaining information about their money transactions from their employees.
Nirbhay Thakur, 29, Dinesh Verma, 26, and Naresh Sharma, 24, were arrested from Ghazipur Tuesday, Deputy Commissioner of Police Arun Kampani said.
“Nirbhay hails from Bihar while Dinesh and Naresh are from Uttar Pradesh,” he said.
The gang was involved in several cases of contract killing and robbery in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
Police also seized arms and ammunition from the men.
“Nirbhay had one .32 bore pistol and four live cartridges with him, while Dinesh and Naresh were in possession of one .315 bore pistol and three live cartridges each,” said Kampani.
During interrogation, they revealed that they had come to Delhi to rob a wholesale dealer of utensils in Mayur Vihar and a cashier working in an export firm in Noida.
“They had done the requisite spadework for these two robberies. Besides, they had also received Rs.1.5 lakh in Ghaziabad for killing a man,” he said.
- Two illegal arms factories unearthed - Dec 18, 2010
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Haryana murder accused held in Delhi - Oct 05, 2011
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Four held for running illegal firearms racket - Mar 18, 2011
- Cartridges recovered from Uttar Pradesh's bus stand - Sep 15, 2011
- Gang of robbers busted in Delhi - May 22, 2010
- Delhi criminal behind 15 murders, robberies held - Jun 25, 2010
- Fake degree racket busted, two held - Jun 24, 2011
- Three held with 500 cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 24, 2011
- Two arrested with cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011
- One held in 17 cases - Mar 16, 2011
- Four held with cache of firearms - Feb 03, 2011
- Mukhtar Ansari's sharpshooter arrested - Nov 16, 2010
- Dawood's aide among three sharpshooters held - Mar 26, 2011
Tags: arun, bihar, commissioner of police, contract killers, contract killing, delhi police, deputy commissioner, dinesh verma, east delhi, export firm, ghaziabad, haryana police, lakh, money transactions, naresh, noida, robberies, spadework, thakur, wholesale dealer