Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files caseJuly 20th, 2012 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 20 (IANS) A couple and their 28-year-old son committed suicide by jumping before a train here after the latter’s wife filed a case alleging cruelty by her in-laws, police said Friday.
Brajadulal Pal, 60, his wife Anita Pal, 48, and son Rajat Pal ended their lives Thursday at Bediapara between Dum Dum and Belgharia stations.
A suicide note recovered from Brajadulal’s wallet referred to a case filed against the three by the family of Priyanka Pal, who was married to Rajat a year back.
“False cases have been filed against us. We can’t bear the insult. We have been on the run to save ourselves from police harassment. To protect our honour, we have decided to end our lives,” the note said.
A police officer said the arranged marriage was beset with problems from the start. Priyanka returned to her parents’ house after a few months, alleging that she was being tortured by her in-laws and husband.
The cases were filed against the three under 498A (cruelty by in-laws), 34 (common intention) and 406 (criminal breach of trust) of the Indian Penal Code, following which the Pals fled from their home.
- Married woman commits suicide, in-laws booked - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman sets herself ablaze over dowry harassment - Jun 25, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- 'Depressed' CA commits suicide - Jan 28, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Dowry demand leads woman to suicide - Apr 19, 2012
- Harassed for dowry, woman kills self, son in Rajasthan - Jun 03, 2012
- Bail plea of man held for wife's death rejected - Apr 11, 2011
- CBI prays for abetment to suicide in Rizwanur case - Mar 21, 2011
- Engineer kills wife, three others, self - Aug 28, 2011
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Rizwanur case: Calcutta High Court to frame charges against Todi - Mar 21, 2011
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
Tags: anita pal, breach of trust, commit suicide, criminal breach of trust, dum dum, honour, indian penal code, insult, intention, marriage, note recovered from, pal 60, pals, parents, police harassment, police officer, rajat, suicide note, wallet, wife anita