Three children drown in Yamuna in Uttar PradeshJuly 21st, 2008 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, July 21 (IANS) Three children, all under the age of 10, were drowned Monday while swimming in Yamuna river here, the police said. The accident took place near Etmad-ud-daula here. Police divers, pressed into service, have been able to find only two bodies. The search for the body of the third child is on.
A large number of devotees had gathered for ritual bath on the first Monday of the Hindu calender month of Shravan. The children stayed on to try their swimming skills when a strong current swept them away, the police said.
Agitated family members and supporters blocked traffic movement on the bypass road near Abu Lala Ka Dargah.
- Two drowned in Agra - May 25, 2011
- Three teenagers drown in Agra - Jun 20, 2011
- Four drown in Agra on Ganga Dashera - Jun 11, 2011
- Two brothers drowned in Yamuna canal - Mar 15, 2011
- Three drown in Yamuna - Sep 11, 2011
- Teenager drowns in Yamuna river - Mar 20, 2011
- Agra prays for Yamuna floods to wash away garbage - May 24, 2011
- Eleven killed, over 25 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- No recognition for Agra lifeguard who saved 50 lives (With Image) - May 23, 2012
- Body of drowned Briton taken home - Jun 29, 2011
- 25 dead as boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh (Third Lead) - Jun 14, 2010
- Thousands of siblings take holy dip in Yamuna - Oct 28, 2011
- Three boys drown in Yamuna, two bodies recovered - Oct 17, 2010
- Two cousins drown in Navi Mumbai lake - Jul 26, 2012
- At least 36 killed after Indian boat sinks in whirlpool - Oct 11, 2010