Three children, driver killed in school bus-train collisionMay 20th, 2009 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
Jalandhar, May 20 (IANS) At least four people, including three children, were killed and several injured Wednesday morning when their school bus collided with a passenger train at an unmanned railway crossing in Punjab’s Jalandhar district.
The bus, belonging top Akal Academy school, had picked up the students from their homes and was taking them to school Wednesday morning when the accident took place near Gumtala village in Jalandhar district. The bus driver was also killed.
Police said the injured children were being rushed to hospitals in Nurmahal town and Jalandhar, 150 km from state capital Chandigarh.
- Four killed, 15 injured in school bus-train collision (Lead) - May 20, 2009
- Six students killed in bus-train collision in Punjab (Second Lead) - May 20, 2009
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Four students killed, 15 injured as train rams autorickshaw - Jan 15, 2011
- Eight students, driver killed in Haryana accident - Jan 02, 2012
- Accidents kills six in Assam - May 23, 2012
- Chronology of major Indian train accidents since 2000 - Jul 30, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Four killed as school van collides with train in Punjab - May 20, 2009
- Punjab wants railways to gate all unmanned crossings - Jun 12, 2009
- One killed as school bus overturns in Punjab - Feb 10, 2010
- School bus in Kashmir rolls into gorge, 3 killed (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012