Three cheats held in PunjabNovember 28th, 2010 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Jalandhar (Punjab), Nov 28 (IANS) Three people have been arrested in Punjab for running a bogus finance company that duped scores of people here, police said Sunday.
Those arrested were identified as Shakti Arora, Rakesh Arora and Sunny Mahindru, all from Punjab. Two other accused, Dharmender Singh and Vishal, were still at large, police said.
According to police, the accused charged money from gullible people on the pretext of arranging bank loans or getting mobile phone towers installed on their premises.
“The gang was running eight finance companies from Jalandhar. We have found hundreds of files of loan applicants or those seeking installation of mobile phone towers on their premises,” said Rajpal Singh Sandhu, additional deputy commissioner of police, Jalandhar, around 150 km from the state capital Chandigarh.
“They were charging processing fees ranging from Rs.5.000-Rs.20,000 from loan applicants. They also have links in different parts of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan,” he said.
- Three held for conning people on mobile towers - Jun 22, 2012
- Punjab woman held for duping men with job offers abroad - Sep 04, 2010
- Two arrested for duping people - Jan 01, 2012
- Pakistani spy arrested in Jalandhar, in 14 days police custody - Aug 23, 2010
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- NRI woman threatens to sue Punjab Police - Jun 20, 2011
- Two Punjab women dupe six with lure of Canada - Feb 03, 2011
- Three held for bogus car loans - Aug 24, 2010
- Five held for fake mobile tower offers - Apr 05, 2011
- Punjab lawyer, sons held for immigration fraud - Dec 10, 2010
- Immigration fraud: Punjab police book four - Jun 20, 2011
- Man arrested for duping hundreds across India - Oct 15, 2011
- Two held for duping a woman of Rs.1 crore - Dec 18, 2011
- Two held for cheating in Delhi - May 31, 2012
- Conman dupes by posing as cop, held - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,