Three caught with 1 kg cocaine in PunjabApril 12th, 2009 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
Amritsar, April 11 (IANS) Three people, including two claiming to be army personnel, were arrested in Punjab Saturday after they were found to be carrying 1 kg of cocaine, police said.
The drug haul is worth millions in the international market, police said.
Police officials said the trio was stopped at a check barrier near village Awaan while they were going to Ramdass town on a motorcycle. The cocaine was found when their belongings were being checked.
The arrested men have been identified as Umesh Kumar and Bhagwan Sharma, both claiming to be army personnel, and Satish Kumar.
Three army identity cards and other documents were recovered from them, police said.
- Three border villagers arrested with Pak SIMs - Sep 12, 2012
- Four vehicle thieves arrested - Mar 18, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- 175 kg cocaine seized in France - Jul 19, 2011
- Vehicle thieves arrested - Dec 05, 2010
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Immigration racket busted, three held in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Pilot arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine - Aug 24, 2011
- Colombian soldiers caught carrying cocaine - Jul 06, 2012
- South African woman held at Mumbai airport - Aug 25, 2012
- Banned Manipuri outfit chief held for vehicle thefts in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Two smugglers nabbed, 25 kg heroin seized - Jan 21, 2010
- One tonne cocaine seized in Italy - Aug 19, 2011
- Saudi hackers leak credit card information of thousands of Israelis - Jan 04, 2012
- Spain busts gang that hid drugs in babies' diapers - Nov 29, 2011