Three burnt to death in JharkhandDecember 25th, 2008 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 25 (IANS) Three people, including two orphaned children, were charred to death in Jharkhand’s Palamau district early Thursday morning, the police said. According to the police, a fire broke out in Lakhanlal clothes shop situated in Mohammadganj market area of Palamau, around 190 km from here. The fire spread to nearby shops.
Three people sleeping near the shop were charred to death. The dead include two orphaned children and an elderly person.
According to police officials, preliminary investigations show that short circuit could have caused the fire.
The shop owners have suffered a loss of over Rs.1 million.
- Hand loom weaver charred in fire - Apr 22, 2012
- Three killed in Jharkhand hospital fire - Sep 08, 2012
- Six of a family charred to death in Jharkhand - Feb 26, 2012
- Four killed in Andhra fire mishap - Mar 29, 2012
- Four killed as speeding truck runs into a house - Feb 15, 2012
- Driver killed in police firing in Jharkhand - Jan 17, 2012
- Two baby girls burnt to death - May 09, 2011
- Maoists torch seven vehicles in Jharkhand - May 26, 2011
- Maoists kill two people in Jharkhand - Oct 24, 2009
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Three criminals lynched in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2012
- One killed, three injured in Jamshedpur fire - Mar 04, 2012
- CRPF trooper hurt, eight landmines found in Jharkhand - Aug 03, 2012
- Abducted Jharkhand engineer rescued - Jul 24, 2010
- Four killed in Delhi warehouse fire - Nov 13, 2011