Three burglars held in DelhiJanuary 29th, 2011 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 28 (IANS) The tight security arrangements for the Republic Day in the capital landed three robbers in the police net when they were caught at the police pickets in north and west parts of the city, an official said Friday. A 24-year-old man was held for robbery at a house behind Jain School at Bhagya Vihar in north Delhi. The suspect, a resident of Mubarakpur Dabas in Aman Vihar, was seen carrying a gas cylinder early Wednesday around 5 a.m.
“On suspicion, the police team stopped him and asked about the gas cylinder, but he could not reply. He was searched and police found gold and silver jewellery on him,” Deputy Commissioner of Police for outer Delhi Chhaya Sharma said.
During interrogation, the man confessed to the burglary in Bhagya Vihar.
“He said he was a drug addict and needed money. Wednesday he had left his house early in the morning to dispose of the stolen jewellery and gas cylinder,” said Sharma.
He robbed the house behind Jain School Tuesday night when the owner of the house, Nirmala, was not at home. When she returned she found that the house was ransacked.
“She said that two gold chains, two gold rings, two pairs of ear rings, two bangles, two gold coins, silver jewellery, two gas cylinders, a laptop, CD player and cash of Rs.88,000 were stolen,” the police official said.
All the stolen items were recovered from the arrested man.
In the other incident, two burglars were arrested from Kirti Nagar in West Delhi Thursday. The arrested have been identified as Satinder Kumar and Mahabir Parsad Sharma.
They were held following an investigation into a robbery case at Ramesh Nagar in September last year.
“The complainant said that while he woke up, he saw a boy was getting down from his second floor along the drainage pipe. He found that Rs.1,500 and three mobiles were stolen,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) V. Renganathan said.
“The accused, Kumar, was held from Mahavir Enclave while trying to escape when the police closed in on him. He led the police to his accomplice Mahabir Parsad Sharma, who was also arrested,” said Renganathan.
- Delhi varsity girl student robs landlord's house - Mar 25, 2011
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- No clues in elderly Delhi woman's murder - Sep 02, 2012
- Two held for killing money lender - Oct 07, 2011
- Dawood's aide among three sharpshooters held - Mar 26, 2011
- Two Nigerians held for money exchange agent's murder - Sep 06, 2011
- Love for woman leads to murder - Sep 19, 2011
- Man held for murdering former employer's wife - Mar 08, 2011
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Three held for duping jeweller of Rs.1 crore - Nov 13, 2011
- Three held for robbery in capital - Feb 09, 2011
- Three held for planning to rob NRI - Mar 25, 2011
- Two held for evading trial - Mar 09, 2011
- Delhi policeman shot dead by property dealers - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: chhaya, commissioner of police, dabas, deputy commissioner, drainage pipe, drug addict, gas cylinder, gas cylinders, gold chains, gold coins, nirmala, north delhi, outer delhi, parsad, police team, republic day, silver jewellery, three mobiles, two gold rings, west delhi