Three BSNL workers killed in accidentOctober 26th, 2008 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 26 (IANS) Three employees of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) were killed and two seriously wounded when a public bus collided with a delivery van in a West Bengal town, police said Sunday.The delivery van driver Umanath Sahu, 50, and two other employees Uma Ankur, 35, and Biru Mahaldar, 40, were killed on the spot. The accident occurred around 10 p.m. at the Nakpur checkpost in Birbhum district, about 240 km from here.
The delivery van lost control and collided with a bus coming from the opposite direction, a senior police official said.
He said two people, Sunilbaron Mondal and Madhu Das, were hospitalised in a critical condition.
Sahu and Mondal are permanent employees of BSNL while others are among the temporary staff.
According to district sources, the delivery van was going to Raghunathganj town in Murshidabad district from Suri town in Birbhum.
- BSNL employee arrested for giving guerrillas SIM cards - Dec 22, 2011
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Space crunch space, lack of blood for train accident victims - Jul 19, 2010
- Big Bengal presence at Pranab's swearing-in - Jul 23, 2012
- Two 'unsatisfactory' poll officials in Bengal replaced - Apr 22, 2011
- Don Bosco warden arrested in Bengal on charges of sodomy - Jul 16, 2012
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Forward Bloc leader shot dead in Bengal - Feb 07, 2011
- IOB eyes Rs.2.5 lakh crore business - Feb 06, 2011
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- BSNL staff on fast, threaten strike Oct 10 - Sep 27, 2011
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Telecom services hit in northeast due to employees' strike - Dec 16, 2011
- BSNL submits proposal on voluntary retirement to DoT - Nov 30, 2011
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012