Three Bodo militants killed in AssamJuly 13th, 2012 - 4:06 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 13 (IANS) Three suspected cadres of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) were gunned down Friday, police said.
The incident took place in Salpara village in Assam’s Goalpara district.
“We carried out an operation in the village around 3.45 a.m. today (Friday) based on specific intelligence that some NDFB cadres were hiding. There was a five-member team. In the retaliatory firing, three cadres were killed, while the rest two managed to escape,” said Additional Superintendent of Police Sushanta Biswa Sarma.
One AK-56 rifle, one 9mm pistol, one Chinese grenade and over 100 rounds of live ammunition were recovered from the possession of the killed militants, the police officer said.
- Bodo militants, Ulfa linkman nabbed in Assam - Jul 10, 2012
- Ulfa's bomb-making unit busted; 2 held - May 21, 2012
- Two guerrillas killed in Assam - May 30, 2012
- Four anti-talks NDFB cadres nabbed in Assam - Apr 30, 2012
- Four members of anti-talk Bodo rebel group held - Mar 13, 2012
- Three ULFA cadres nabbed in Assam - Jun 30, 2012
- Ulfa cadre killed in Assam - Apr 08, 2012
- Injured anti-talk NDFB cadre arrested in Guwahati - May 07, 2012
- Chidambaram for stepped up offensive against Bodo militants (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- ULFA militants killed in Assam - Aug 06, 2012
- Assam killers arrested in Meghalaya - Feb 11, 2011
- Meghalaya confirms rebel leader's death (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Two Bodo rebels gunned down in Meghalaya - Jun 18, 2011
- Three injured in Assam grenade blast - Sep 11, 2012
- ULFA attempt to disrupt Manmohan's visit foiled - Apr 18, 2012
Tags: 100 rounds, 9mm, assam, bodo, faction, goalpara district, grenade, guwahati, intelligence, live ammunition, member team, national democratic front, pistol, police officer, possession, sarma, superintendent