Three bodies recovered, serial killer suspectedAugust 4th, 2008 - 9:49 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 4 (IANS) Three more bodies were recovered here Monday sparking fears of a serial killer on the loose. The bodies of a Nepali youth K. Raju and an unidentified man were found in the city’s southern outskirts while one person identified as Murugan was found murdered in neighbouring Tiruvallur.
“The Nepali youth was spotted drinking liquor in the night and found dead in the morning,” A. Allauddin, an eyewitness told IANS.
“We found the body of this man with his head bashed and partially burnt,” another eyewitness R. Jeevarathinam told IANS over phone.
The police sources added that the three bodies have been sent for post mortem to check whether the modus operandi was similar to 12 men found dead in the southwest suburbs here under similar circumstances last month.
Though police commissioner R. Sekar had dismissed the psychopath theory earlier, he Monday said he was willing to look at the case from “all angles”.
- Serial murders leave Chennai police foxed - Jul 17, 2008
- Three people found dead in Delhi - Jun 15, 2011
- Man found dead in mysterious circumstances - Apr 12, 2011
- Tamil Nadu police arrest two, claim serial murders solved (Lead) - Aug 08, 2008
- Man held for honour killing in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 01, 2011
- Two corpses found in Delhi - Jan 30, 2011
- Suspected Maoists kill two CPI-M supporters (Lead) - Nov 22, 2010
- Militant killed in infiltration bid on LoC - May 22, 2012
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011
- 86-year-old killed by burglars in Delhi - May 12, 2010
- Man robs gold shop with fake gun - Sep 30, 2011
- 'Psycho-killer' held for three murders - May 21, 2011
- Kasab judicial panel: India asks Pakistan to clarify terms - Oct 20, 2010
- Assam villagers poisoning elephants to prevent attacks - Oct 14, 2010