Three Bangladeshi militants arrested in KolkataNovember 17th, 2009 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 17 (IANS) Three suspected Bangladeshi militants were arrested in Kolkata Tuesday with counterfeit currency with a notional value of Rs.30 lakh, police said.
The three were arrested by the city police’s Special Task Force (STF) when they were coming here by the Lalgola Express from Murshidabad district, Special Additional Commissioner of Police Rajib Kumar said.
He said the trio used to work for the group of Shahid Bilal, a former Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI) operation chief in Bangladesh.
The men are being interrogated by the police.
- Three Bangladeshi militants sent to police custody - Nov 18, 2009
- Delhi blast: Two detained in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- HuJI top commander arrested in Chennai - Jan 18, 2010
- Six terrorists get life term for plot to kidnap Sachin - Jan 15, 2011
- Hyderabad student's family says he is innocent - Sep 01, 2012
- Ilyas Kashmiri killed in US drone strike, HuJi confirms death - Jun 04, 2011
- Three members of counterfeiters gang held - Dec 17, 2010
- India to raise terror threat in talks with Bangladesh - Nov 18, 2011
- Mumbai Police issues look out notice for Lashkar terrorist - Dec 27, 2010
- Plot to kidnap Sachin: Six terrorists get life term (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- Pakistan asks India to rectify 'Most Wanted' list - May 30, 2011
- Delhi blast: Email suspects being quizzed - Sep 11, 2011
- UN, US designate HuJI as terrorist organisation - Aug 07, 2010
- HuJI terrorist killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 18, 2009
- India, Bangladesh pledge to hand over fugitives - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,