Three arrested with illegal arms in GhaziabadSeptember 9th, 2008 - 1:03 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 8 (IANS) Three people have been arrested in Ghaziabad for illegal possession of arms, police said Monday.Police held the three, identified as Jakir, Iqbal and Vikas Sunday evening and recovered two revolvers, one country-made pistol and a cache of arms from them, superintendent of police (city) Vijay Bhushan said.
“We received specific information that these people were coming to Ghaziabad to commit a robbery. When our team tried to stop them at Morta Chowki, they sped away and opened fire on us. They then fled towards the DPS Meerut Road cut but were later stopped at the Ram Chemeli College,” he said.
While the three people were held, their accomplice Danish Mohammad succeeded in fleeing, police said.
The three confessed to their involvement in several cases in Ghaziabad, according to police.
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Three held with 500 cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 24, 2011
- Illegal arms factory unearthed, three held - Dec 14, 2010
- Large cache of firearms seized in Pune - Aug 30, 2012
- Five Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - Jan 28, 2012
- British mission staffer's son, 6 others held for robbery - Jan 22, 2011
- Five highway robbers arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 31, 2010
- Petrol pump looted in Noida - Jun 14, 2010
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Three arrested, 17 pistols recovered in Noida - Sep 22, 2010
- 11 robbers held in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Rs.13.66 lakh looted in Greater Noida, one held - Nov 30, 2010
- Two arrested with cartridges in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 01, 2011