Three arrested in Noida with one kg of heroinJune 9th, 2009 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, June 9 (IANS) Police in this suburb of the national capital Tuesday arrested three people for allegedly smuggling and selling drugs and seized nearly one kg of heroin from them.
Virendra Kumar, Nawab and Naeem Alam were arrested from Labour Chowk near Khoda under the Sector 58 police station while they were about to deliver the drugs to a client, police said, adding one kg of heroin, valued at Rs.2 crores (Rs.20 million) in the international market, was recovered from them.
“We are questioning them to find out the other members of their network. They used to bring heroin from Bihar and then sell it in Delhi and its suburbs,” a police official said.
Tuesday’s arrests followed the busting of another drug racket Friday with the arrest of four people, from whom one kg of heroin was seized.
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Three drug peddlers held - May 19, 2011
- Two held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Jul 13, 2010
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.8 crore seized, two held in Bengal - Feb 07, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Eight arrested in Chandigarh with fake heroin - Aug 26, 2011
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Two held with 22 kg of heroin in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010