Three arrested in Noida for forging driving licensesApril 7th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by admin
Noida, April 7 (IANS) Three youngsters were arrested here Monday for forging driving licences. The accused, identified as Brij Pal, Tanuj and Raj Malhotra, were booked under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), dealing with cheating. The police recovered a dozen fake driving licenses, two computers, a scanner, a printer and other equipment from their possession.
According to Noida city superintendent of police R.K. Gautam, the sector 58 police received a complaint from Mohan Kumar that a gang of criminals had cheated him.
When he went to get a driving license from the licensing authority, Mohan Kumar told the police, he was greeted by three boys who claimed they would get his work done in a shorter time since they had sources in the office. They demanded Rs.500 for their service.
Kumar said he paid the amount and gave the boys the necessary papers and documents and they delivered the license to him the next day. But later he found that the license was forged.
- Loan agent held for forgery - Apr 01, 2012
- 2G: Former telecom secretary Behura's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Delhi land scam: Charges to be framed against 10 accused - May 05, 2012
- Bail orders reserved, dark Diwali for Kanimozhi, six others - Oct 24, 2011
- Man withdraws lakhs from girlfriend's account, caught - Feb 16, 2011
- Six men held for cheating on pretext of giving loans - Nov 18, 2011
- 2G: Cheating charge against promoters of Essar group - Dec 12, 2011
- 2G case: Charges framed against Essar, Loop promoters (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Two held for making fake IDs - May 27, 2010
- Ex-BCCI official, wife, son booked for forging son's birth certificate - Dec 25, 2010
- 2 Nigerians arrested in Ghaziabad for cheating trader - Feb 26, 2012
- Raja, Balwa's CBI custody extended (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Cricket board officials covered up forgery: GCA member - Dec 25, 2010
- Kobad Ghandy to face trial under terror charges (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Some questions on the 2G spectrum scam - May 20, 2011