Three arrested in Madhya Pradesh for Malegaon blastsOctober 27th, 2008 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Oct 26 (IANS) Maharashtra’s Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) has arrested three more people from Madhya Pradesh in connection with the Malegaon blasts, a police official said Sunday.“The Maharashtra ATS has arrested one person from Bhopal and two from Indore in connection with the Malegaon blasts. However, there is no information linking the RSS (Rashtriya Swamaysewak Sangh) or the VHP (Vishwa Hindu Parishad) or similar organisations with the blasts,” Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police S.K. Raut told IANS.
He denied that the ATS had questioned some political leaders but confirmed that a house in Jabalpur town was searched.
Sadhvi Pragya Chandrapalsingh Thakur alias Purna Chetanandagiri, 38, Shivnarayan Gopal Singh Kalsangra, 36, and Shyam Bhanwarlal Sahu, 42, of the Madhya Pradesh-based Hindu Janjagriti Samiti (HJS) have been remanded to police custody till Nov 3 by a Maharashtra court.
They are accused of planning and executing the Sep 29 blast in the Muslim-dominated town of Malegaon that left five dead, followed by a blast in Modasa twon of Gujarat the same day, in which one person was killed.
The explosions took place during the late evening period of the holy month of Ramadan when thousands of Muslims were breaking fast after evening prayers.
- Another woman among two held for Malegaon blasts (Lead, Changing dateline) - Oct 27, 2008
- Three members of Hindu group nabbed for Malegaon, Modasa blasts (Lead) - Oct 24, 2008
- Three members of Hindu group nabbed for Malegaon, Modasa blasts - Oct 24, 2008
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Mecca blast accused sent to judicial custody (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- CBI-ATS team explores Abhinav Bharat's role in Ajmer blast - Oct 23, 2009
- Two held for Malegaon blasts in police custody - Oct 29, 2008
- Another key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast held (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Pragya Thakur brought to court in ambulance - Apr 25, 2011
- Mecca Masjid blast accused to be produced in Hyderabad court - Nov 20, 2010
- CBI to reinvestigate Malegaon blast case - Jan 13, 2011