Three arrested in Delhi for movie piracyAugust 16th, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) Three people have been arrested here for allegedly pirating newly-released Hindi movies, police said Saturday. The accused, Jitender Mehta, was arrested Thursday from Raja Garden in west Delhi, where he had gone to deliver prints of the new Hindi film “God Tussi Great Ho” that released Friday, police said.
“His brother Rahul along with co-accused Mukammil were arrested from a hotel in Paharganj area following Mehta’s disclosures,” a senior police officer said.
Equipment like a projector, a sound recorder/mixer, a computer, a handycam, a mega-amplifier and DVDs of movies like “The Mummy”, “Ugly aur Pagli” and “Singh is Kinng” were recovered from the hotel room.
“Jitender has been involved in this kind of activity for the last seven years and a number of cases are registered against him in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh,” the officer added.
- 30,000 pirated CDs seized, two held - Dec 29, 2010
- Court seeks police response on Amar aide's bail plea - Nov 09, 2011
- Man kidnaps friend for Rs.1.5 crore ransom, held - Aug 17, 2012
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- One arrested for murdering engineering student - Jul 01, 2011
- Honeymooning German couple cheated - Jan 10, 2012
- Kanda close to being nailed in Geetika suicide: Police - Aug 24, 2012
- Over 4,700 pirated CDs seized, two held - Mar 04, 2011
- 15,000 pirated CDs, DVDs seized, seven held - Dec 25, 2010
- Over 2,500 pirated CDs seized, 1 held - Feb 01, 2011
- Delhi man given life term for killing neighbour - Apr 12, 2011
- Rapist evading arrest held - Feb 08, 2011
- Wildlife smuggler Sansar Chand gets bail - May 31, 2012
- Man held for trading in stolen laptops, mobiles - Jul 11, 2010
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011