Three arrested for kidnappingFebruary 9th, 2012 - 12:11 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 8 (IANS) A kidnapping for ransom case has been solved and three kidnappers arrested, police said Wednesday.
The three, Islamuddin, 30, Sarfaraz, 31, and Abu Asim, 24, are residents of Turkman Gate area of central Delhi.
Acting on the complaint about the kidnapping of Zahid on Monday, police found that the kidnappers had released him after getting Rs.20,000 in ransom.
Upon investigation, it was found that the three men took him to Islamuddin’s office, where they beat him up and Islamuddin threatened him with a gun and asked him to arrange the ransom.
On getting the money, they let Zahid go but warned him not to report the incident to the police.
The three men were already known to police for previous criminal activities, and were nabbed as they were trying to flee the city.
Zahid’s smartphone and Rs.10,300 were recovered from their possession.
–IndoAsian News Service
- Three convicted for 2006 kidnapping of Adobe CEO's son - Sep 25, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Chennai boy's kidnappers nabbed, Rs.1 crore ransom seized - Nov 03, 2010
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Cancer victim rescued from kidnappers - Oct 22, 2011
- Kidnapped Ghaziabad child found, three arrested - Oct 01, 2011
- Four held for abducting Class 1 boy - Apr 29, 2011
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Kidnappers drop minor boy near house - Dec 11, 2011
- Ex-soldier scripts kidnap of son for ransom - Jul 02, 2012
- Abducted Pakistani billionaire found tortured - Jan 30, 2012
- Man kidnapped in Delhi, police sceptical - Nov 23, 2011
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Kidnapped woman rescued within hours, two arrested (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012