Three arrested for kidnapping childJanuary 18th, 2012 - 1:23 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 17 (IANS) A 37-year-old woman was nabbed for kidnapping a three-year-old boy and passing on the child to her niece who was childless, police said Tuesday. The niece and her husband have been arrested.
Additional Commissioner of Police (West), V. Renganathan, said three people, including the couple who brought the child, were arrested in connection with the kidnapping of Zeeshan, who was kidnapped in front of his house in Uttam nagar on Jan 11.
The child was rescued from the house of Sunita (32) and Mahipal (36) in Ghaziabad. Sunita’s aunt Urmila Srivastava (37) had kidnapped the boy.
On Jan 11, Zeeshan’s father Gulshan Khan approached police saying his son was kidnapped.
During investigation, Urmila was apprehended for allegedly kidnapping the child. “During questioning, she admitted to kidnapping the boy,” Renganathan said.
“She told us that her niece was married for last about 12-13 years and she had no child, so she decided to kidnap the boy and give it to her,” said Renganathan.
All three accused belong to poor strata of society and live in rented houses. They have no previous criminal records.
- Two arrested for kidnapping boy from Punjab - Aug 23, 2012
- Three arrested for kidnapping child in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Minor gangraped, one held - Sep 03, 2011
- Three held for kidnapping girl - Jan 25, 2011
- Teenage girl gangraped by dance instructor, others - Jul 09, 2011
- Minor boy kidnapped, sold for Rs.10,000 - Jul 16, 2011
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Pakistani man chained wife, niece - Mar 16, 2012
- Kidnapped from Ludhiana, 6-year-old recovered in Ambala - Jul 09, 2012
- Maid arrested for kidnapping employer's son - May 02, 2011
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Two held for kidnapping 12-year-old in capital - Jan 18, 2011
- Kidnappers drop minor boy near house - Dec 11, 2011
- Body in bag: Woman identified as Myanmar national - May 23, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012