Three arrested for attack on Pakistan PM’s convoySeptember 4th, 2008 - 3:49 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 4 (Xinhua) Pakistani police have arrested three people suspected to have been involved in Wednesday’s attack on Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s motorcade, Geo TV channel reported Thursday.It quoted Tariq Kohsa, head of the investigation committee, as saying that the third car in the convoy was hit by a long-range rifle.
The report is expected to be submitted to the interior ministry soon.
Gunmen fired shots at the prime minister’s motorcade in a high security zone on the Islamabad highway.
“The prime minister and his staff were not in the car,” secretary to the interior ministry Syed Kamal Shah said.
A statement by the Prime Minister’s House said that two shots fired at the prime minister’s vehicle hit the window on the driver’s side.
The outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Wednesday claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Three suspects arrested for Pakistani PM convoy attack - Sep 04, 2008
- Taliban vows revenge over Osama killing - May 03, 2011
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pak Taliban, other militant outfits behind MQM leader's killing: Malik - Aug 04, 2010
- Iraqi minister survives car blast - Mar 08, 2012
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Kamra airbase attackers were Pakistanis: Malik - Aug 19, 2012
- Top Pakistani Taliban leadership eliminated: Malik - Jun 26, 2012
- Jihad, Taliban, floods, and now Operation 'Samosa' sends Pak Interior Ministry in panic - Sep 01, 2010
- Pak arrests TTP mastermind behind Benazir's 2007 Karachi rally bomb blast - Jun 21, 2010
- Pak Taliban militants stoking sectarian fires: Malik - Sep 04, 2010
- Eight die as militants open fire in Pakistan park (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Musharraf - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Taliban rebuffs reports about carrying out Karachi attack - Jan 01, 2010
- Pakistani Taliban claims responsibility for scribe's murder - Jan 19, 2012