Three Afghan nationals detained in KeralaAugust 7th, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Kollam (Kerala), Aug 7 (IANS) Three Afghan nationals were detained at the Kundara police station, near here Thursday. “When we came to know of their presence at a hotel we brought them here and have begun investigations as to why they are here. Initial inquiries have revealed that they are here to trade in cashew. Since language is a problem for interacting with them, we have asked for an interpreter,” said an official who did not wish to be named.
Kundara is about 60 Km from the state capital and the district headquarters Kollam is the cashew capital of the state.
Those detained have been identified as Mehboob Khan, N. Mohammed and Mukesh Kumar — an Afghan citizen of Indian origin.
- Police detain three Afghan nationals in Kerala (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- Detained Afghan nationals let off - Aug 22, 2008
- All set for first edition of President's Trophy Boat Race - Aug 28, 2011
- 'No joint examination of weapons seized from Italian ship' - Feb 29, 2012
- Italian minister to meet fisherman family in Kollam - Mar 03, 2012
- 150 Sri Lankans headed for Australia detained in Kerala - Jun 05, 2012
- Custody of Italian marines extended till April 2 - Mar 19, 2012
- Two Italian crew members brought off ship (Second Lead) - Feb 19, 2012
- Italian marines case: Kerala Police file chargesheet - May 18, 2012
- 'Detain Italian ship till compensation is paid' - Feb 21, 2012
- Italian marines may be shifted from jail to remand home - May 24, 2012
- Italian shooting: Legal battle begins - Feb 26, 2012
- US launches hotline for detained immigrants - Dec 31, 2011
- Fishermen case withdrawal: Achuthanandan alleges conspiracy - Apr 28, 2012
- Police to question Italian crewmen for three days (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012