Threat to blow up Bundelkhand UniversityDecember 13th, 2008 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 13 (IANS) The police, officials of the intelligence department and the anti-terror squad have positioned themselves at the Bundelkhand University in Uttar Pradesh after a call threatening to blow it up was received, officials said Saturday. “While an intensive search operation has been launched in the varsity, security has also been tightened on the campus,” district police chief L.V. Anthony Devkumar told IANS.
Besides the police, officials of the intelligence department and the anti-terror squad are camping in the Bundelkhand University in Jhansi district, some 350 km from here, he added.
According to the police, the threatening call was received Friday on the official telephone of the varsity’s registrar.
“The caller did not reveal his identity and threatened to blow up the varsity within five days,” police Inspector R.P. Singh said.
Asked about the caller, Devkumar said: “We are yet to trace the number and nab the caller.”
- Varsity student assaulted, made to consume liquor - Sep 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh varsity chief gets death threat - Jan 05, 2011
- Caller from Pakistan threatens terror attacks in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 24, 2009
- Suspected ISI agent nabbed in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 12, 2009
- Ahead of Saturday meet, government softens NCTC stand - May 04, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Toll in Allahabad blast rises to six - May 24, 2012
- Anonymous caller threatens to kill PM, Vajpayee - May 04, 2011
- Hoax call to blow up Delhi Police headquarters - Nov 06, 2011
- Anonymous letter threatens terror strikes in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 27, 2009
- Scotland Yard anti-terror hotline hacked? - Apr 12, 2012
- Bomb threat at Delhi metro station - Jul 04, 2010
- Delhi University gets ready to curb ragging - Jul 20, 2012
- Presidency University's website hacked - Jul 07, 2011
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011