Thousands appear for online CAT re-test (Lead)January 30th, 2010 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) Thousands of MBA aspirants who faced difficulties in taking the online Common Admission Test (CAT) due to technical glitches last year appeared for the re-examination Saturday.
The second phase of the exam for admissions to the country’s top B-schools, was conducted at 42 centres across the nation, including 13 in Delhi and the national capital region.
“There were 11,000 students identified across the country for the CAT re-test. Of which nearly 9,400 of them were expected to give the test Saturday and Sunday. However, the exact number of students that gave exam today is not confirmed as yet,” said an official of the Prometric, the firm conducting the test.
The official said the rest of the students have opted to retain their earlier CAT score.
At least 241,000 MBA aspirants had registered to appear for the first ever online CAT spread over 11 days from Nov 28 last year. However, many thousands faced difficulties or could not appear for the exam due to technical glitches.
Ulhas Vairagkar of coaching institute TIME, said: “As per our estimates, nearly 80 percent of the 11,000-students gave the exam today (Saturday). The exam went off smoothly and till now we have not heard about any problems during the re-test.”
“The students who were not slotted to give the exam Saturday will attempt it Sunday,” Vairagkar told IANS.
“As a result of the technical problems and students being unable to take the test, the date for the results has also been postponed. Earlier, the result was to be declared Jan 22, but now it will be out Feb 15,” Vairagkar added.
“Since the results will be delayed, the students will get less time to prepare for the group discussion and the interviews. But the admission process as such will remain unaffected,” he further said.
- 11,000 MBA aspirants to take online CAT re-test - Jan 30, 2010
- New pattern but no surprises on day one of CAT - Oct 22, 2011
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test (Lead) - Jan 31, 2010
- CAT phase-II ends, over 6,500 take test Sunday - Jan 31, 2010
- New online CAT faces hiccups on day one (Roundup) - Nov 28, 2009
- IIMs give CAT aspirants another life online (Third Lead) (Changing Dateline) - Nov 30, 2009
- CAT schedule extended by a day only in 20 cities (Lead) - Dec 04, 2009
- Online CAT results out - Feb 28, 2010
- CAT crash: HRD ministry calls IIMs directors' meeting - Dec 14, 2009
- Cursed CAT: Trouble on day three again (Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- IIM aspirants, here's cracking new CAT format - Oct 18, 2011
- Computer crash hits start of CAT exam (Lead) - Nov 28, 2009
- CAT students to get another life online, say IIMs (Second Lead) - Nov 30, 2009
- CAT online results declared (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- CAT resumes after Diwali break - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,