This exhibition will be all about celebrating lifeFebruary 20th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 20 (IANS) Paintings by more than 50 Indian artistes showcasing the preciousness of life will be displayed from Sunday at a four-day exhibition mounted by road safety NGO Community Against Drunken Driving (CADD).
The exhibition, titled ‘Jashn - Celebrating Life’ is the brainchild of activist and CADD founder Prince Singhal.
It will showcase the works of renowned artists like Anjolie Ela Menon,
Paresh Maity, Jayshree Burman and Gopi Gajwani, to name only a few.
This apart, Kathak exponent Birju Maharaj, sarod exponent Ayaan Ali Khan and some others have been roped in to especially paint a work for the exhibition.
To be held at the Gallerie Romain Rolland, Alliance Francaise De Delhi in central Delhi, the exhibition is a part of the Artist for CADD programme which supports various CADD activities.
“This art show is happening at a time when we are celebrating 12 years of the CADD movement and my association with many of the artists goes back to the days when we had just started our campaign,” Singhal said.
The paintings at the exhibition will be up for sale starting from Rs.15,000 rupees to bring them within the reach of budget customers.
“Another USP of this art show would be a wide display of artworks in the affordable range,” Singhal said.
- Anjolie Ela Menon's biography released as she turns 70 - Jul 16, 2010
- Childhood fairytales revisited in Indian art - Oct 13, 2011
- Art joins effort to save the tiger - Mar 02, 2012
- Flowers in Indian art: temple motifs to contemporary sensuality (With Images) - Mar 15, 2012
- Tigers on the prowl: Saving big cats through art (With Image) - Dec 17, 2010
- Four Indian galleries, Husain tribute at Art Dubai 2012 (With Image) - Jan 17, 2012
- Mega art competition to coincide with Commonwealth Games - Jun 20, 2010
- Artists, thinkers outraged over crackdown on gay lensman's work - Mar 28, 2012
- Capital's boutique art trail abuzz ahead of Games (With Images) - Sep 06, 2010
- A mega tribute to M.F. Husain planned in capital (With Image) - Jun 25, 2011
- Where Indian art meets global creativity (With Image) - Jan 26, 2012
- M.F. Husain's poem in his own hand on sale (With Image) - Sep 24, 2010
- Indian embassy in Kazakhstan hosts art exhibition titled `Kalpana' - Jan 20, 2010
- Art travels responsible road in India, markets look up (2010 in Retrospect) (With Image) - Dec 21, 2010
- Ayaan Ali Khan's Royal Gesture.. - May 08, 2010
Tags: activist, alliance francaise de delhi, art show, artworks, ayaan ali khan, brainchild, burman, celebrating life, central delhi, exhibition, gopi, indian artistes, maharaj, New Delhi, ngo community, renowned artists, road safety, romain rolland, rupees, usp