Third official of Prabhu Daya taken into custodyMarch 15th, 2012 - 12:43 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, March 15 (IANS) Kerala police Thursday took into custody second officer Prasobh Sugathan in MV Prabhu Daya, the Singapore-flagged ship that is suspected to be involved in the March 1 mid-sea collision with a fishing boat off the Alappuzha coast that killed five fishermen.
Sugathan’s father confirmed that his son was taken into custody by police as soon as he arrived at the international airport here from Colombo. Sugathan is the third Indian crew member to be arrested.
“Today morning I had a call from the Indian High Commission in Colombo that my son will be arriving on the morning flight. I did not go to the airport, instead now I am in Alappuzha where he will be brought,” Sugathan’s father told IANS.
With this, all the three who have been named as accused by Kerala police have been arrested. Sugathan is a Kerala native.
Gordon Charles Pereira, the captain of ship who was produced before the Ambalapuzha first class judicial magistrate, was sent to judicial custody Wednesday.
Another officer of the ship, Virendra Kumar Chauhan, is already in custody.
Sugathan’s father has complained that his son was forcibly thrown out of the ship into the sea off Sri Lankan March 2.
- Kerala court grants bail to captain of Prabhu Daya vessel - Apr 03, 2012
- Two more get bail in ship hit-and-run case - Apr 10, 2012
- Mid-sea collision: Ship captain sent to judicial custody - Mar 14, 2012
- My son was thrown out of MV Prabhu Daya: Father - Mar 08, 2012
- Kerala boat hit-and-run: Cargo ship sailor arrested - Mar 08, 2012
- M.V. Prabhu Daya crew charged in fishing boat ramming - Mar 07, 2012
- MV Prabhu Daya enroute to Chennai, missing man rescued - Mar 05, 2012
- Body recovered from boat wreck off Kerala coast - Mar 05, 2012
- Man on board M.V.Prabhu Daya missing - Mar 04, 2012
- Singapore ship suspected in Kerala boat accident - Mar 04, 2012
- Indian Coast Guard inspects M.V.Prabhu Daya - Mar 06, 2012
- Probe report on boat hit-and-run likely Thursday - Mar 07, 2012
- Italy moves apex court for custody of its Marines - Apr 20, 2012
- Italian ship may finally leave Kochi - May 04, 2012
- Italy moves apex court for marines' custody, government flip-flops (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012