Third coast guard station in Andhra Pradesh openedJune 18th, 2012 - 7:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 18 (IANS) The Indian Coast Guard Monday opened a new station in Krishnapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, the third in the state, to help boost the coastal security apparatus on the country’s east coast.
The station was inaugurated by Minister of State for Defence M.M. Pallam Raju in the presence of Coast Guard Director General Vice Admiral M.P. Muralidharan and ICG Commander (East) Inspector General Satya Prakash Sharma, according to a defence ministry release here.
“The establishment of a station at Krishnapatnam is part of the ongoing efforts by the ICG to strengthen coastal security in the coastal states of the nation,” it said.
In his address during the commissioning ceremony, Raju said the coast of Andhra Pradesh, being cyclone prone, had witnessed a number of incidents in the past resulting in loss of life and property at sea.
The newly-commissioned ICG station at Krishnapatnam would facilitate search and rescue operations towards saving lives.
The station will function under the administrative and operational control of ICG Commander (East) through the Visakhapatnam-based district headquarters commander.
Commandant (Junior Grade) T.R.K. Rao has been appointed commanding officer of the station.
- ICGS Rajtarang commissioned in Chennai - May 19, 2012
- Coast Guard opens third station in Maharashtra - Mar 22, 2012
- Coastal security radar stations to be ready this year - Feb 15, 2012
- New Coast Guard station in Ratnagiri - Mar 25, 2011
- Coast Guard inducts inshore patrol ship - Aug 29, 2012
- GRSE launches two patrol vessels for Coast Guard - Aug 06, 2012
- Coast Guard commissions new station in Gujarat - May 19, 2011
- Antony sets two-month deadline for coastal radars (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Antony sets two-month deadline for coastal radars - Aug 02, 2012
- Coast Guard Station at Ratnagiri to be commissioned tomorrow - Mar 25, 2011
- High tidal waves lash Andhra coast - Dec 28, 2011
- India aiming for real-time maritime domain awareness: Antony - Oct 25, 2010
- 'Cyclone Laila' cripples life in coastal Andhra, Tamil Nadu - May 19, 2010
- China no threat to India, says Pallam Raju - May 19, 2012
- Cyclone threat along Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu coasts - Dec 27, 2011
Tags: coast guard station, coastal states, commandant, commanding officer, cyclone, defence ministry release, director general, district headquarters, icg, k rao, minister of state, muralidharan, operational control, pallam raju, prakash, rescue operations, satya, search and rescue, security apparatus, vice admiral