Thief ticks off judge, tells him to do job properlyMarch 16th, 2012 - 6:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 16 (IANS) Dissatisfied with the sentence handed him, a thief rebuked a judge, telling him “to get a grip and do your job properly”. He considered his sentence as pathetic and demanded one that was “a lot longer”.
Forty-year-old Alex Livingstone, a drug-addict thief, turned himself in to police after he stole food and broke into a car in Corby, Northamptonshire, reported Daily Mail.
When he was given just two months in prison, he became angry.
Livingstone stood up and told chairman of the magistrates Raymond Edis: “It’s pathetic. You should have given me a lot longer than that.”
His diatribe went on to add: “Where is the sense in that sentence, I’ll be as much a danger to the general public in eight weeks as I am now.
“You need to get a grip and do your job properly,” he was quoted as saying.
Edis then told court officers to escort Livingstone out of the courtroom.
Livingstone claimed he had pleaded guilty to save police time instead of being the subject of a trial.
- Becoming PM not the only job: Rahul Gandhi - Sep 14, 2010
- Brazilian masterminds art thefts from behind bars - Jul 17, 2012
- Denzel Washington to play drug addict pilot - Feb 01, 2012
- Thief Steals Schoolboy's Snow Shoveling Money! - Jan 29, 2011
- Pellegrino named as new Valencia coach - May 08, 2012
- Picasso drawing stolen from SF art gallery - Jul 07, 2011
- Judge finds burglars 'courageous', lets one walk free - Sep 06, 2012
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Indonesia and Australia discuss asylum center proposal and drug smugglers' death sentence - Nov 02, 2010
- Iranian candy thief to lose his hand as a punishment - Oct 19, 2010
- Laptop thief mails his victim an USB stick with all the backed up data - Oct 19, 2010
- Man steals truckload of vodka in Russia - Jan 19, 2012
- Thief's diary writing habit costs him - Aug 03, 2012
- Rose Devlin & Denise Egan's theft attempt goes wrong - Nov 23, 2011
- Tory MP blurts out Imogen Thomas' Premier League star's name on show - Apr 25, 2011