Thief lynched by villagers, no case registeredJune 4th, 2008 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 4 (IANS) Residents of a village in western Uttar Pradesh’s Baghpat district late Tuesday night lynched an unidentified person whom they caught allegedly trying to pull down an electricity transformer, police said Wednesday. The man along with three accomplices was allegedly trying to steal the transformer when a villager noticed them and alerted others in the village. Three others escaped unhurt while one died on the spot when the villagers attacked.
“They came in a mob armed with sticks and iron rods,” inspector R.S. Tomar of Dondana village, where the incident occurred, told IANS on telephone.
Tomar said no first information report had been registered till Wednesday evening and the police were trying to establish the identity of the person who died.
- Man kills woman, lynched by mob - Oct 27, 2011
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Villagers lynch criminal - Nov 09, 2010
- Two criminals lynched in Uttar Pradesh - May 27, 2011
- Three robbery suspects lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 01, 2011
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 09, 2011
- Man lynched after he tried to rape teen - May 10, 2010
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Mar 07, 2011
- Criminal lynched by villagers - Mar 05, 2011
- Four policemen injured in mob attack - Apr 12, 2011
- Suspected burglar lynched in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 20, 2010
- Criminal lynched in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 08, 2010
- Dalit lover lynched in Rajasthan - Oct 10, 2011
- Beheaded body of corporator found - Dec 16, 2010