The Week Hay Festival comes to IndiaOctober 14th, 2010 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 14 (IANS) The Week Hay Festival, the world famous annual convention of authors, thinkers and performers, will make its India debut here Nov 12.
This year’s Festival line-up boasts of names like Mani Shankar Aiyar, Rosie Boycott, Gillian Clarke, William Dalrymple, Tishani Doshi, Sonia Faleiro, Sebastian Faulks, Bama Faustina and Bob Geldof, a press release Thursday said.
Lyndy Cooke, executive director of the Festival, said it offered a great opportunity to celebrate literature from around the world, including Kerala and India.
The Week Hay Festival, in collaboration with Teamwork Productions, is an annual event showcasing the best of world of literature, with access to regional and international literary figures.
This year’s festival will also host musical concerts and present a delectable range of Kerala cuisine. It will witness more than forty events over three action-packed days.
The musical highlight of the Festival will be a performance by Bob Gedolf, Irish singer and songwriter of rock band The Boomtown Rats.
Sanjoy K Roy, MD of Teamwork Productions, said they were delighted to be collaborating with Hay Festivals Worldwide, and hoped to attract literature lovers from across the world.
“The beaches and back waters of Kerala will form an extraordinary setting for an exciting event - a beach festival of literature,” said Roy.
- Star authors lined up for Kerala Hay Festival - Oct 13, 2010
- Hay festival aims to promote new Indian voices - Nov 04, 2010
- Three-day Hay Festival begins in Kerala - Nov 12, 2010
- Poetry and culture highlight of India Hay Festival - Nov 09, 2011
- Indian writing is fresh, diverse: Hay Festival organiser - Jun 04, 2010
- Indian literary scene saw fests, awards, strong publishing (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 24, 2010
- Kerala set for literature gala - Nov 15, 2011
- Bob Geldof sets Hay fest stage on fire - Nov 15, 2010
- Literature fest to light up Jaipur - Dec 18, 2010
- Hay Festival host literary personalities in Thiruvananthapuram - Nov 13, 2010
- Tom Stoppard in India Jan 23 to talk about adaptations - Jan 09, 2012
- An eclectic mix, Jaipur Literature fest sees spirited start - Jan 21, 2011
- Kashmir to usher autumn with literature fest - Aug 03, 2011
- Salman Rushdie's name off Jaipur Festival's events roster - Jan 17, 2012
- Africa still tops Live Aid founder Bob Geldof's agenda - Nov 14, 2010
Tags: back waters, bama, bob gedolf, bob geldof, boomtown rats, doshi, faustina, gillian clarke, hay festival, india the week, irish singer, kerala, literature lovers, lyndy, mani shankar aiyar, musical concerts, rosie boycott, sebastian faulks, thiruvananthapuram, william dalrymple