The only white tigress of Patna zoo diesJuly 3rd, 2011 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 3 (IANS) The only white tigress of Patna zoo died after prolonged illness, an official said Sunday.
Tejaswani died Saturday due to a blockage in her intestines as revealed by the post mortem report, Abhay Kumar, director of Patna zoo, told IANS here.
Tejaswani, 10, was one of the main attractions of the zoo, also known as Sanjay Gandhi Biological Park.
Tejaswani was brought from Delhi Zoo in 2005, he said.
This is the second death in a row of a big cat at Patna zoo.
A few months ago an old male tiger called Ram died. Presently Patna zoo has only one tigress named Sita.
- Another tiger cub dies in Bihar - Sep 03, 2012
- Tiger cub dies, two others critical - Aug 29, 2012
- Third tiger cub at Patna zoo also dead - Sep 04, 2012
- Leopard, lion die in Bangalore zoo - Oct 24, 2010
- Panna has a new resident - Kanha's orphan tigress - Nov 13, 2011
- Eight-year-old tigress dies at Van Vihar National Park - Jun 10, 2010
- Kanha's second orphaned tigress sent to Panna reserve - Nov 13, 2011
- Kanha tigress finds new home in Panna forest - Mar 27, 2011
- Panna all set to welcome Kanha tigress - Mar 25, 2011
- 4,000 trees in Patna zoo face the axe for airport safety (Lead) - Aug 27, 2010
- Will Patna zoo lose 4,000 trees to airport safety? - Aug 27, 2010
- Room warmers installed for animals at Patna zoo - Jan 04, 2010
- Odisha orders probe into five tiger cubs' death - Nov 21, 2011
- Poisoning may have killed Sariska tiger: Minister - Nov 17, 2010
- Bandhavgarh tigress died due to vehicle hit, say officials - May 21, 2010