Tharoor meets Krishna to explain tweet on visa policyDecember 30th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) Minister of State for External Affairs Shashi Tharoor Wednesday met his senior, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna, to clear the air over his questioning of the country’s new visa norms in social networking site Twitter.
After meeting Tharoor, Krishna told mediapersons: “Whenever new policy comes in effect, there are bound to be repercussions. Broad policy has been decided and we will do what needs to be done in this regard.”
Krishna added that the meeting was arranged at Tharoor’s request.
Tharoor was again in the news for airing on Twitter his opposition to the new visa rules that were implemented after terror suspects in US custody were found to have visited India on a valid long-term visa for allegedly surveying locations before the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks.
Krishna had Monday disapproved of his junior minister Shashi Tharoor airing his differences with government policy in public. “If there are any perceptions, they should be sorted out within the four walls of the two ministries,” he had said.
- I have nothing to add, will speak to Krishna: Tharoor - Dec 29, 2009
- Krishna to Tharoor: Let's be on same page on visa issue (Lead) - Dec 30, 2009
- Krishna disapproves of Tharoor's visa remarks (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Dec 28, 2009
- Meeting with Krishna 'excellent', Tharoor tweets - Dec 31, 2009
- Krishna reacts to Tharoor's comments on twitter - Dec 28, 2009
- Krishna criticises Tharoor for remarks on visa rules - Dec 28, 2009
- Tharoor describes meeting with Krishna as excellent - Dec 31, 2009
- Tharoor tweets again, says he missed brouhaha on visa issue - Dec 29, 2009
- India, Pakistan likely to sign visa pact Saturday - Sep 07, 2012
- Visa pact to be signed Saturday, will benefit common people: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Tweeting gives a sense of mission, says Nirupama Rao - Mar 08, 2011
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Third Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Krishna in Pakistan, will share concerns on terror - Sep 07, 2012
- No rift with foreign ministry over visa rules: Chidambaram - Dec 31, 2009
- Visa pact signed with Pakistan; India insists on 26/11 justice (Intro Roundup) - Sep 09, 2012