Thailand aims at world record in massageJune 3rd, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bangkok, June 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) More than 1,600 Thais gathered in four cities Friday to break the Guinness World Records’ largest ever simultaneous massage, Thai daily The Nation reported.
The organisers intended to draw at least 840 pairs of participants, thus beating the current world record of 232 pairs massaging en masse set in Australia in 2009.
The massages will take place at four locations - in Chiang Mai, Ubon Ratchathani, Surat Thani and Phuket.
The project is aimed at promoting Thai massage to the world and health tourism in Thailand.
- Bees hospitalise over 70 monks in Thailand - Jun 25, 2012
- Belgian bartenders create world record for cocktail - Aug 15, 2011
- Elephant stomps Thai man to death - Jul 30, 2012
- Russia to sell 52 choppers to China - Sep 06, 2012
- Drunk held for gas blast threat - Mar 24, 2012
- Russian army helicopter crashes - Aug 16, 2012
- Pussy Riot members found guilty in Russia - Aug 17, 2012
- Ukrainian court jails radioactive metal thieves - Aug 28, 2012
- 50 killed at Yemen military parade - May 21, 2012
- Kyrgyzstan scraps visas for 44 nations - Jun 14, 2012
- Uzbekistan suspends mobile, internet, SMSes for exams - Aug 01, 2012
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- Fighting gang culture a national priority: Cameron - Aug 15, 2011
- Gaddafi forces regain oil terminal town Al Brega - Mar 02, 2011
- Drug-resistant Malaria spreads along Thai-Myanmar border - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: australia, dg, guinness world records, health tourism, june 3, massage bangkok, massage thai, massages, organisers, pairs, participants, ria novosti, Surat Thani, thai massage, thais, tourism in thailand, world record