Thai woman returns to ailing dog in BiharMay 2nd, 2012 - 12:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bodh Gaya (Bihar), May 2 (IANS) Their love knew no boundaries. This is the story of Thai national Fa Tha Nik who has returned to India to take Prince, an ailing German Shepherd she adopted here, back home with her.
“I cannot live without Prince and it appears that Prince also cannot live without me. We love each other like brother and sister,” Nik told IANS.
She adopted the dog and kept it at the Buddhist monastery here she helps run. She went back to Thailand a month ago. But soon Prince fell ill. His misery pulled Nik back - she returned Saturday.
“Last week, when I was informed that Prince was ill, I decided to visit Bodh Gaya for its treatment,” she said.
She now plans to return to Thailand along with Prince on May 9.
“I had approached the local authorities for the documents required to take Prince to Thailand,” she said.
Her bond with Prince is four months old.
“During my visit to the Vajra Bodhi Society here in early January, I was attracted to this dog after he behaved like a friend. It was a different experience. I then decided to adopt and look after him,” she said.
“After Prince was brought to the monastery, his love for me was unbelievable!” she said.
However, as soon as she left, Prince became upset, she said. “Despite good food and medical treatment, he was not doing well,” she said.
Bhante Manoj of the Bodh Gaya Mahabodhi Temple Management Committee said Prince fell ill soon after Nik left for Thailand. “It is a unique case of love between a human being and an animal,” he said.
He said the news of Nik’s return to Bodh Gaya for the sake of Prince has become a hot topic among local residents. Bodh Gaya, 110 km from Bihar’s capital Patna, is where the Buddha is said to have attained enlightenment.
- Dried branches of Bodhi tree chopped - Aug 01, 2012
- Buddhist monks to get ID cards in Bodh Gaya - Sep 02, 2011
- Annual monsoon festival at Gaya's Mahabodhi Temple attracts Hindu pilgrims - Aug 13, 2010
- Buddhist monks in India pray for quake victims - Mar 13, 2011
- Bihar to approach Sri Lanka for Bodhi tree sapling - Jun 28, 2010
- Gere in Bodh Gaya to attend Dalai Lama's discourse - Jan 02, 2012
- Richard Gere campaigns to turn Bodh Gaya into vegetarian zone - Jan 07, 2010
- Dalai Lama to visit Bodh Gaya in January - Nov 20, 2009
- Buddha Purnima celebrated at Bodh Gaya - May 27, 2010
- Shutdown in Bodh Gaya against anti-encroachment drive - Aug 08, 2011
- Buddhists to throng Bodh Gaya Thursday for special rites - Dec 27, 2010
- Buddhists demand holy town status for Bodh Gaya - Jan 01, 2010
- Buddhist monks on hunger strike for control over Bodh Gaya temple - Jan 02, 2010
- Unesco unhappy with Mahabodhi temple - Jun 26, 2010
- Three walk from Tibet to Bodh Gaya to pray for Dalai Lama (Lead) - Sep 26, 2009
Tags: bodh gaya, brother and sister, buddha, buddhist monastery, enlightenment, four months, german shepherd, good food, hot topic, local authorities, mahabodhi temple, management committee, manoj, medical treatment, misery, nik, patna, thai woman, vajra, woman returns