Thackeray speaks to Hazare, sends grandson to venueAugust 26th, 2011 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 26 (IANS) Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray spoke to anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on phone Friday and sent his grandson to meet the fasting leader in New Delhi’s Ramlila Maidan.
In his telephonic talk, Thackeray expressed grave concern over Hazare’s deteriorating health after the latter’s 11-day-old fast.
He sent his grandson, Aditya (Uddhav) Thackeray who personally conveyed Thackeray’s concern to Hazare and arranged the telephone conversation between the two.
“On behalf of my father and grandfather, I have reiterated the Shiv Sena’s support to the anti-corruption campaign. We also need him to continue the struggle ahead,” Aditya, chief of the party’s youth wing, Yuva Sena, told media persons soon after the meeting.
Hazare is reported to have lost seven kg on the 11th day of his indefinite hunger strike even as a stalemate continued over the proposed Lokpal bill.
Earlier this week, the Sena chief made repeated appeals to Hazare to end his hunger strike and instead deploy his close associates like Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal and others to sit on hunger strike.
- End fast, Thackeray appeals to Hazare - Aug 24, 2011
- Anna saga drags on amid political war, brinkmanship (Roundup) - Aug 26, 2011
- Please end fast, Thackeray appeals to Hazare (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Bal Thackeray attacks Hazare again - Oct 07, 2011
- Impose President's rule in the country, says Shiv Sena - Aug 23, 2011
- Listen to doctors, cops tell Team Anna (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Listen to doctors, Delhi Police tells Team Anna - Aug 01, 2012
- Bal Thackeray targets Team Anna, Hazare - Jan 08, 2012
- Thackeray blasts Team Anna - Nov 07, 2011
- Hazare fast doesn't scare centre, public anger does: Thackeray - Apr 07, 2011
- Maintain decorum of movement, Kejriwal tells supporters - Aug 23, 2011
- Uddhav Thackeray hits out at Rahul Gandhi, Ajit Pawar - Jun 10, 2011
- Aditya Thackeray cuts political teeth - Apr 05, 2012
- Lokpal bill could create a 'Gaddafi': Thackeray - Dec 15, 2011
- Anna Hazare losing relevance: Bal Thackeray - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, bal thackeray, close associates, corruption, crusader, grave concern, indefinite hunger strike, kg, kiran bedi, maidan, media persons, mumbai, New Delhi, ramlila, shiv sena, stalemate, struggle, telephone conversation, venue