Textile minister to meet leading designers MondayAugust 31st, 2008 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 31 (IANS) Minister for Textiles Shankersinh Vaghela will attend a meeting of leading designers and other fashion industry stakeholders here Monday to discuss ways to nurture emerging talent.“In recent years, the Indian fashion industry has evolved and carved a niche for itself in a highly demanding global fashion industry,” the ministry said in a statement Sunday.
“The sector has been able to attract talent and attention of the world, which is manifested through a large number of students passing out from the various fashion institutes and the recognition of work of Indian designers by global fashion houses,” it added.
“However, it has been observed that these bodies further the interest of the established players, are reluctant to provide platform to emerging talent and operate in a non-transparent fashion,” the ministry said.
Emerging talents as well as budding entrepreneurs have for long been saying there is no proper forum to showcase their work or present their views.
- Vaghela to attend a meeting of leading designers today - Sep 01, 2008
- Vaghela to attend a meeting of leading designers on Monday - Aug 31, 2008
- Italian knowhow for aspiring designers in India - Jun 05, 2011
- 'Time fashion industry is viewed as serious business' - Aug 04, 2011
- Pookutty announces three scholarships for film students - Jun 17, 2011
- Agragami, a step to bridge gap between old and new designers, entrepreneurs - May 22, 2011
- Victoria joins fight to save textile company - Dec 15, 2011
- 'Like nation, Indian fashion proceeding at breakneck speed' - Oct 09, 2011
- Indian is gorgeous, a perfect amalgamation of world culture: Italian designer (Interview) (With Images) - Mar 24, 2012
- Not mere tailors, Indian designers hit back - May 13, 2012
- Style, business, charity at Karachi fashion week (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 08, 2010
- Event to promote handicraft, handloom sector - Aug 17, 2012
- Lakme Fashion Week boasts of Japanese designers, digital outreach (Preview) - Mar 10, 2011
- Indian designers need to tap own tradition: Australia Fashion Week founder (Interview) - Mar 25, 2012
- Designers pen fashion bibles; legacy for younger lot - Jul 20, 2012