Tevez wants to leave City despite failure of Corinthians dealJuly 21st, 2011 - 2:53 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 21 (IANS) Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez wants to leave the club despite the collapse of his 40 million pounds transfer to Brazilian giants Corinthians.
The Sun reported that the Argentine striker is hoping that some other club would be interested in him. But City insist if it is a European club they would seek they will seek 50 million pounds, a figure that Real Madrid, Juventus and Inter Milan have refused to pay.
“Carlos is still a City player and he’ll respect City. There are six weeks left on the open market. Carlos is a very calm person. He’ll now go on holiday and see what happens,” Tevez’s agent Kia Joorabchian was quoted as saying by the daily.
The talks between the two clubs over Tevez broke down after City wanted a bank guarantee from Corinthians for the full fee. But the Brazilian club said that since City never provide bank guarantees, they won’t.
Corinthians said that as City had not officially accepted their offer, there was nothing to guarantee.
City, however, maintained that they did everything they could to make the deal happen.
“More time is needed for the transfer to be achieved. We look forward to him being with us in the near future,” Corinthians said in a statement.
Meanwhile, Tevez is taking a three-weeks holiday following the Copa America and will return to the Etihad Stadium next month.
- Carlos Tevez most likely to move to Corinthians - Jul 12, 2011
- Not certain about Tévez staying at Man City: Mancini - Feb 24, 2011
- Tevez off to Corinthians - Jul 18, 2011
- Man City fears summer exit of Tevez - Feb 19, 2011
- Manchester City will force Tevez to stay at club: Report - Dec 14, 2010
- Get me Nasri and Aguero, says Mancini - Jul 16, 2011
- Man City owner convinces Tevez to stay - Dec 21, 2010
- Tevez back to playing for Man City - Feb 29, 2012
- Milan's offer for Tevez rejected: Galliani - Dec 19, 2011
- Tevez urges Man U to buy him back - Dec 20, 2010
- Tevez apologises to Manchester City - Feb 22, 2012
- At 26, 'old guy' Tevez wants to quit football forever - Oct 10, 2010
- Manchester City close to signing Tevez for 32 m pounds - Jun 03, 2009
- Tevez to sue Mancini after Manchester City fine - Oct 26, 2011
- Tevez to remain in Argentina until baby is out of danger - Feb 23, 2010
Tags: 50 million pounds, bank guarantee, bank guarantees, carlos tevez, collapse, copa america, corinthians, etihad, failure, giants, inter milan, juventus, kia, kia joorabchian, london, manchester city, real madrid, six weeks, striker, sun