Terrorists not to impact ties with Pakistan: ChinaMarch 7th, 2012 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 7 (IANS) Terrorists trained in Pakistan will not affect the friendship between Beijing and Islamabad, said an official Wednesday.
A top official from China’s northwest Xinjiang Wednesday said violent activities by individual terrorists will not affect the all-weather friendship between China and Pakistan as the situation in the region is stable and under control, reported Xinhua.
Militants trained in terrorist camps in Pakistan set fire to a restaurant and randomly killed civilians in Xinjiang’s Kashgar in July last year, leaving six civilians dead and 15 injured.
An investigation found that the group’s leaders had learned how to make explosives and firearms in camps of the terrorist group “East Turkistan Islamic Movement” in Pakistan before entering Xinjiang to organise terrorist activities.
Nur Bekri, chairman of the Xinjiang regional government, said China and Pakistan are all-weather friends, and Xinjiang and neighbouring countries share the interests and objectives in fighting terrorism.
“Anti-terrorism is a global task, as terrorism is threatening the lives of all people in the world,” Bekri, a deputy to the National People’s Congress (NPC), said at the ongoing annual session of parliament.
He said international cooperation is needed to combat terror.
“The Pakistani government has also expressed the willingness to maintain China’s sovereignty and core interests in fighting terrorism against China,” Bekri said.
Xinjiang, which borders Pakistan and Afghanistan, is home to China’s Muslim Uygur ethnic people.
- China vows crackdown over Xinjiang attacks - Aug 02, 2011
- China names six terrorists (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- China to hike anti-terrorism cooperation with Pakistan - Aug 03, 2011
- China blames terrorists trained in Pakistan for Xinjiang attack (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- China seeks Pakistan help to nab terrorists (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- China blames Pakistan trained terrorists for Xinjiang attack - Aug 01, 2011
- China seeks Pakistan help to nab six terrorists (Third Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Be vigilant against Pakistan-trained terrorists: Chinese daily - Aug 02, 2011
- China not backing India's stand on Pakistan terror camps: Daily - Aug 12, 2011
- 'China has changed its Kashmir policy' - Sep 15, 2011
- Pakistan will cooperate with China to defeat terror: Zardari - Aug 31, 2011
- Xinjiang terror attack not good for Pakistan, says daily - Aug 03, 2011
- Xinjiang beckons Indian filmmakers - Nov 03, 2011
- Four get death sentence for China terror attacks - Sep 15, 2011
- 18 die as coach plunges into gorge in China - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: china beijing, core interests, east turkistan, fighting terrorism, global task, how to make explosives, international cooperation, islamabad, islamic movement, kashgar, neighbouring countries, pakistani government, regional government, terrorist activities, terrorist camps, terrorist group, violent activities, weather friends, xinhua, xinjiang