Terrorist camps operating in Pakistan-held Kashmir: Indian ArmyMay 9th, 2011 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, May 9 (IANS) Guerrilla training camps are still active across the Line of Control (LOC) in the Pakistan-administered part of Jammu and Kashmir, the Indian Army said here Monday.
“Militant training camps are still active across the LOC,” Major General Ravi Thodge, general-officer-commanding of the counter-insurgency Kilo Force in the Valley, told reporters in Handwara in north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, some 85 km from here.
“The militants can try to sneak into the Valley in small groups this summer, but our troops are vigilant to defeat any such infiltration bid,” he added.
A huge cache of arms and ammunition along with other logistic support equipment were displayed at the press conference.
The arms and ammunition were seized by personnel of the 6 Rashtriya Rifles and Jammu and Kashmir Police in the dense Haphruda forests in Kupwara, Thodge said.
Eight AK-56 rifles, four AK-47 rifles, one under barrel grenade launcher (UBGL), eight UBGL grenades, 694 rounds of AK ammunition, 40 grenades, one radio set with antenna, 20 remote-control improvised explosive device (IED) boxes and 15 electric detonators, among other ammunition and equipment, have been recovered.
“This is a major haul of arms and ammunition recovered in the recent past and the recovery has thwarted the evil designs of terrorists in north Kashmir,” Thodge added.
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir, arms cache recovered - Aug 27, 2012
- Arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - May 31, 2011
- J-K police bust militant hideouts in Srinagar - Apr 08, 2010
- Militant hideout busted in Kashmir - Jul 14, 2012
- Two Lashkar-e-Toiba militants killed in Handwara identified as Pakistan nationals - Nov 29, 2010
- Guerrilla module busted in Srinagar - Aug 22, 2012
- Militant outfit busted in Kupwara - May 17, 2010
- Gunfight in north Kashmir - Jun 30, 2012
- Huge arms cache unearthed in Jammu's Reasi - Jul 20, 2012
- Guerrilla arrested with Pakistani wife in Valley - Dec 13, 2011
- Army busts militant hideout in Kashmir - May 17, 2010
- Security forces seize huge cache of arms in Rajouri in Kashmir - Aug 07, 2010
- Huge cache of arms, ammunition recovered in Kashmir - Apr 19, 2010
- Two guerrillas killed in Kashmir gunfight - Jul 22, 2010
- Army commander visits forward areas on LoC - May 07, 2012
Tags: ak 47, ammunition, counter insurgency, electric detonators, evil designs, explosive device, grenade launcher, grenades, guerrilla, indian army, infiltration, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, logistic support, north kashmir, rashtriya rifles, ravi, srinagar, terrorist camps, training camps