Terrorist attack foiled in KabulNovember 30th, 2011 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Nov 30 (IANS) Police in the Afghan capital foiled a terrorist attack when they recovered a 20-kg explosive device from a city suburb, the government said Wednesday.
The explosive device was planted in Mulayan area in Sarubi district of Kabul, and was found by police Tuesday, Xinhua reported citing a statement from the interior ministry.
The Taliban have often relied on suicide and roadside bombings in the past couple of years.
One NATO soldier sustained injuries in a roadside bombing Tuesday in northern Baghlan province for which the Taliban claimed responsibility.
- 14 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2011
- 20 Taliban militants killed - Jun 24, 2012
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Suicide attack kills seven policemen in Afghanistan - Aug 05, 2010
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Dec 31, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills nine taxi passengers in northern Afghanistan - Jan 17, 2011
- 18 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Aug 13, 2011
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Afghan education minister survives assassination bid - Jul 15, 2012
- NATO soldier, 14 Taliban fighters killed in Afghanistan - Jun 01, 2010
- Four children killed in Afghanistan blast - Nov 01, 2011
- NATO soldier, six workers killed in Afghanistan - Jul 06, 2010
- NATO soldiers, Afghan policemen killed in blasts - Aug 08, 2010
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,