Terrorism a threat to hydrocarbon sector: Reliance IndustriesJanuary 15th, 2009 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 15 (IANS) The Mumbai terror attacks did not just dent people’s confidence and the economy but has made the hydrocarbon sector vulnerable as well, a senior Reliance Industries (RIL) official said here Thursday. “The terror attacks of 26/11 has thrust the spectre of terrorism into the hydrocarbon sector,” RIL’s refinery business president P. Raghvendran said at the ongoing Petrotech 2009 conference on oil and gas.
Raghvendran said companies should have greater collaboration with the government’s disaster management agencies, and that RIL had taken steps to safeguard its business from the risk of terror acts.
“Refineries will have to address the matter and make security plans,” he added.
According to Raghvendran, companies would also have to ensure “emergency preparedness for war and war-like situation”, and advocated better information exchange between countries to tackle terrorism.
Additionally, he said, a facility for vulnerability assessment should also be set up.
- Reliance Industries net profit up 14 percent - Apr 21, 2011
- Varun questions BJP 'silence' on CAG's Reliance report - Sep 10, 2011
- RComm launches service for enterprise solutions - Sep 12, 2012
- Reliance gets approval for $7.2 billion BP deal - Aug 09, 2011
- RIL denies wrong-doing in production sharing contract (Lead) - Sep 08, 2011
- More oil discovered by Reliance in Cambay Basin - Jun 28, 2010
- Joint efforts needed to tackle natural disasters: Official - Jul 01, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- India holds bilateral talks with Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Canada - Nov 03, 2010
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- 26/11 was attack on India's sovereignty, says apex court - Feb 09, 2012
- Reliance Industries scrip falls on CAG's criticism - Sep 08, 2011
- CISF security cover for RIL's Jamnagar refinery - Nov 03, 2010
- Mock drills at 11 Delhi Metro stations Saturday - Jul 27, 2012
- India seeks partnership with hydrocarbon producers: PM - Nov 01, 2010