Terror suspects to be brought from Bangalore to DelhiJune 25th, 2012 - 9:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) A Delhi court Monday ordered two suspected operatives of Indian Mujahideen terror group lodged in Bangalore jail to be presented before it in a case related to an alleged bid to revive the banned outfit.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav issued warrants and asked Bangalore police to present Kafil Akhtar and Kamal Hasan before him July 11.
Hasan was arrested from Kolkata in April and Akhtar was taken into custody from Darbhanga in Bihar in May in connection with the blast outside the M. Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium in Bangalore two years ago.
Delhi Police moved an application before CMM Yadav that the accused were required for interrogation on their alleged role in providing logistics to other accused involved in various bomb blasts and shootings, including the 2010 firing near Jama Masjid here.
Police May 22 filed charge sheet against 11 suspected operatives of the Indian Mujahideen terror group who were allegedly involved in trying to revive the banned outfit. A supplementary charge sheet was filed this month.
- Delhi Police get custody of two terror suspects - Jul 09, 2012
- Delhi Police files charge sheet against 11 IM suspects - May 23, 2012
- Nitish Kumar to raise arrest of terror suspect with centre - May 08, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Terror suspect's arrest violated law: Nitish Kumar to Gowda - May 13, 2012
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermind - Dec 01, 2011
- Terror charge plea against Ghandy to come up April 9 - Mar 31, 2012
- Court allows Ghandy to compare two charge sheets - May 15, 2012
- Six get life term for Bangalore terror attack (Second Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Murdered IM operative's lawyer to seek CBI probe - Jun 08, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- Judicial custody of high court blast accused extended - Mar 28, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: bangalore, bihar, bomb blasts, cricket stadium, darbhanga, delhi court, delhi police, interrogation, kamal hasan, kolkata, logistics, magistrate, masjid, mujahideen, New Delhi, operatives, supplementary charge, terror group, warrants