Terror suspect engineer’s wife seeks fast track trialJuly 1st, 2012 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 1 (IANS) A day after Saudi authorities confirmed to the CBI that missing Bihar engineer and terror suspect Fasih Mehmood was in their custody, his wife demanded a fast track trial of his case.
“My husband is innocent. He is neither guilty nor involved in any terror activities. I demand that the government of India order a fast track trial of his case,” Fasih’s wife Nikhat Parveen told IANS over telephone Sunday.
She said that only a fast track trial in court would help her and Fasih’s family members to get justice. “We will not sit silent. After all, my husband is a victim of human rights violations,” she added.
Nikhat Parveen wondered as to how top Indian authorities, including union Home Minister P. Chidambaram and officials of the external affairs ministry, could be in the dark about Fasih’s whereabouts till last week.
“It is a matter of serious concern for every citizen of the country,” she said.
Nikhat questioned Chidambaram’s remarks that Fasih was not in the custody of Indian authorities. “Chidambaram must have information that he was in the custody of Saudi authorities. After all, he is the home minister of the country.”
Thirty-five-years-old Fasih, who hails from a village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, was reportedly arrested in Saudi Arabia May 14 for alleged terror links in India.
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer - May 30, 2012
- Apex court issues notice on missing Bihar engineer (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Family shocked at Bihar engineer's arrest on terror charges - May 21, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks - Jun 06, 2012
- Missing engineer's parents to stage hunger strike - May 24, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- Apex court grants time to centre on missing engineer case - Jun 01, 2012
- Court gives government time in missing engineer case (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Missing engineer's wife questions Nitish Kumar's silence - Jun 26, 2012
- Bihar engineer in Saudi custody: Government to SC (Second Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Missing engineer's mother asks PM to help trace son - Jun 18, 2012
- Fasih Mehmood not in India's custody: Chidambaram - May 31, 2012
- Saudi authorities mum on Fasih Mahmood, SC told - Jun 11, 2012
- Protest in Bihar against arrest of terror suspects - May 30, 2012
Tags: alleged terror, cbi, citizen, engineer, external affairs ministry, family members, fast track, government of india, human rights violations, indian authorities, july 1, mehmood, p chidambaram, parveen, saudi arabia, saudi authorities, terror activities, union home minister