Terror bombings ‘black spot’ on our religion: Muslim clericsJuly 29th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 29 (IANS) Muslim clerics Tuesday staged a “silent fast” to protest the serial bombings in Bangalore and Ahmedabad and said the terrorists behind the acts were a “black spot” on their religion. “The terrorists are neither faithful to the Muslims nor the Hindus. They are a black spot on our religion and we will punish them,” M.A. Siddiqui, president of the All India United Muslim Morcha, said.
The demonstrators, numbering over 100, with white ribbons tied around their mouths, staged their protest in the GPO park of Hazratganj area.
“No religion preaches hatred. Those involved in such activities are doing this for the political ambitions of certain people,” stated the Nayab Imam of Eidgah, Khalid Rashid Firangi Mehali.
While demanding capital punishment for the culprits, they said care should also be taken not to frame innocent people.
“Those involved in killing innocent people in the name of religion are only pretending to follow god. They (terrorists) are atheists and god will punish them,” Shah of Tile Wali Masjid, Fazalurrehman Wayzi said.
- No religion preaches terror: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Indonesian arrested for not believing in god - Jan 22, 2012
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Eid celebrated with traditional fervour in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Muslims take to streets to demand journalist's release - Mar 24, 2012
- Murdered IM operative's family demands CBI probe - Jun 09, 2012
- Gayatri Mantra opened University of Nevada 'Inner-Faith Night' celebrations - Feb 25, 2011
- Hindu & Jewish leaders suggest making religion vibrant and challenging - Sep 29, 2010
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Aug 31, 2011
- Atheists, agnostics know more about religion than believers, finds US survey - Sep 28, 2010
- Ink attack stuns Ramdev, attacker faces mob fury (Roundup) - Jan 14, 2012
- Nevada held interfaith panel discussion on "God" on September 11 - Sep 13, 2010
- Islamic clerics fume at 'Abdullah's anti-burqa' views - Feb 09, 2010
- Kashmir women's group seeks Aafia Siddiqui's release - Jan 27, 2012
- Need to cleanse political system: Rahul Gandhi (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011