Terror bid foiled in PakistanSeptember 24th, 2011 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 24 (IANS) A terror attack was foiled Saturday in Pakistan’s Quetta city when residents nabbed an Afghan militant while he was planting a bomb at a hall, a media report said.
The militant - identified as Abdul Khaliq - was planting the bomb at the Nichari Imambargah, a congregation hall for Shiite ceremonies, Online news agency reported.
On questioning Khaliq, police arrested 20 more terrorists and seized explosive material and weapons from their possession.
On Sep 20, at least 26 Shia pilgrims were gunned down in Balochistan province after their bus was ambushed by gunmen. Three more Shia Muslims were killed in Quetta, the capital of Balochistan, when they were going to a hospital to collect the bodies of those killed in the bus attack.
- 29 Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2011
- Four Shias shot dead in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- Blasts rock Pakistan, 11 killed - Sep 18, 2012
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Gunmen attack bus carrying Shiite Muslims in southwestern Pakistan, killing 13 - Oct 05, 2011
- Pakistan moves against Shia killers, 70 held - Oct 05, 2011
- Pakistan-Iran border closed after Shia massacre - Sep 22, 2011
- 18 Shia pilgrims gunned down in Pakistan - Jul 07, 2012
- Five killed in Iraq violence - May 24, 2012
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- 9 killed in wave of sectarian violence in Quetta - Sep 01, 2012
- 12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- Two killed, 15 wounded in Iraq attacks - Dec 20, 2011
- 20 killed in Pakistan blast - Jun 28, 2012