Terror attacks reaction to Babri demolition: Mani AiyerNovember 9th, 2008 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 9 (IANS) Union Panchayati Raj Minister and senior Congress leader Mani Shanker Aiyer Sunday termed the increasing terror activities in the country as a reaction to the demolition of the centuries-old Babri Masjid in Ayodhya.Aiyer, who was in Faizabad Sunday to speak at the concluding day’s function of a book fair, stated: “I saw Ram Lalla in Ayodhya but it was a painful experience that the masjid is no more. I cannot imagine Ayodhya without Babri Masjid.”
“The terror activities going on throughout the country are a reaction ignited by the Hindutva forces who demolished the Babri Masjid,” Aiyer asserted.
Aiyer also claimed that the same “sect” of people also assassinated Mahatma Gandhi. “And it is due to this (Babri demolition), that we are scared to walk safely in any city of the country.”
During his address, Aiyer supported NCP leader Sharad Pawar’s demand to rebuild the Babri Masjid.
“We (Congress) would also like to assure that we will not forgive those who are behind the demolition of the masjid,” he said.
- Factsheet: Timeline of the Ayodhya Dispute - May 09, 2011
- Ayodhya verdict doesn't condone demolition: Sonia Gandhi - Nov 02, 2010
- Security alert across India on Babri demolition anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- Routine security in Delhi for Babri anniversary - Dec 05, 2010
- Babri demolition anniversary passes off peacefully (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2010
- 'Mulayam Singh must seek pardon for Ayodhya comments' - Oct 02, 2010
- Rajnath Singh slams Congress ahead of Ayodhya verdict - Sep 18, 2010
- Court ruling doesn't condone Babri demolition: Congress (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Supreme Court stays 'strange' Babri Masjid verdict (Roundup) - May 09, 2011
- Hindu leaders want law to build Ram temple in Ayodhya - Dec 26, 2010
- Apex court stays 'strange, surprising' Babri verdict (Intro Roundup) - May 09, 2011
- Indians have moved on, now leaders must: Indian media - Oct 01, 2010
- BJP slams Congress for raising Babri demolition issue - Oct 05, 2010
- Chronology of incidents related to Babri Masjid demolition - Nov 23, 2009
- Babri demolition anniversary low-key in Ayodhya-Faizabad - Dec 06, 2011