Terence Lewis creates Guinness World Record (With Images)March 21st, 2011 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Indian choreographer Terence Lewis broke a Guinness World Record by making 1,336 people dance in unison. The feat was accomplished through Colors’ reality show “Guinness World Record - Ab India Todega”.
The record was broken Saturday at St. Teresa High School, said a source.
The participants were invited through a free of cost registration process, and received a quick one-hour lesson from Terence.
Rob Molly, the designated official from the Guinness World Record, declared the effort as successful.
Terence’s challenge was to break the recent Guinness record of choreographing over 1,235 people, set in Australia.
Actor Shabbir Ahluwalia, who co-hosts “Guinness World Record - Ab India Todega” with Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, was also present to pep up the participants as they danced to the popular song “Jhoom barabar jhoom”.
Terence, 35, has been working in the Indian film industry since long, but received fame when he took on the role of a mentor and judge in Zee TV’s “Dance India Dance”.
Later, he was a participant on “Fear Factor - Khatron Ke Khiladi 3″, and was recently seen as a judge on “Chak Dhoom Dhoom: Team Challenge”.
- Old remains gold: Dharmendra leads TRP race - Aug 04, 2011
- Terence Lewis dances his way to Guinness record again - Mar 02, 2012
- Harinath Reddy, group win 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom..." reality show - Mar 21, 2011
- Colors, MTV India launched in Singapore - Feb 01, 2011
- Dance fever catches on among Indians, thanks to TV - Feb 01, 2011
- Terence Lewis' group to perform at Vienna dance fest (With Image) - Jul 05, 2011
- Some TV contestants were really cheeky: Preity Zinta (Interview) - Mar 10, 2011
- B-Town's desi boys add glamour to TV awards function - Nov 22, 2011
- Mallika makes the media dance on her tunes - Jan 13, 2011
- Colors to bring 'Guinness World Records' to India - Dec 24, 2010
- Gear up for reality, Bollywood overdose on small screen - Jan 01, 2011
- Hrithik Roshan leads TRP race - Oct 13, 2011
- Preity's chat show - 'Up Close & Personal with PZ!' - Aug 10, 2011
- Preity Zinta to don sporty look for small screen debut - Jan 27, 2011
- Want to choreograph Hrithik again: Bosco-Caesar - May 29, 2010
Tags: choreographer, choreographing, dhoom dhoom, fear factor, guinness record, guinness world record, indian film industry, khiladi, pep, popular song, preity zinta, reality show, role of a mentor, shabbir ahluwalia, st teresa high school, team challenge, terence lewis, teresa high school, unison, zee tv