Tense students head to test centres as board exams beginMarch 2nd, 2009 - 1:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 2 (IANS) Anxious students made their way to exam centres across the city, doing last minute revision, while parents gave timely tips outside as the Class 10 and 12 Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exams began Monday.
“I am really tense before the examination despite the fact that I have studied really well. The anxiety and fear will go only after I see the question paper,” said Raman Deep, a Class 12 student of Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram.
Over 1.45 million students will sit for the board examinations at over 5,000 centres spread across the country and abroad.
The Class 12 examinations starts with the chemistry paper, while Class 10 begins with Elementary Business. This year, 824,438 students of Class 10 and 637,578 of Class 12 will appear for the exams.
Some residential schools in the capital held prayer meetings for students appearing for the board exams.
“There was a prayer meeting in the school and students chanted the ’saraswati mantra’. The teachers gave a pep talk to students to help them overcome stress before the examination,” said Shilpi, a psychologist with a residential school in south Delhi.
Many parents accompanied their wards to the examination centres and were seen giving last minute tips.
“My daughter has studied well and is pretty confident to score good marks. Still, I told her to be calm if she forgets something or doesn’t know it,” said Veena Sagar, mother of a Class 12 student.
- 1.6 mn students to sit for CBSE exams in 2010 - Feb 26, 2010
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 01, 2011
- Easy and doable, say students after first day of board exams (Lead) - Mar 02, 2009
- Class 12 CBSE students find maths paper easy but lengthy - Mar 21, 2009
- Tension, anxiety grip students ahead of board exams - Mar 01, 2009
- Over 1.45 mn students to sit for CBSE exams in 2009 - Feb 27, 2009
- CBSE to make amends over 'wrong' Class 10 maths question - Mar 15, 2009
- Thousands tackle physics, English in first board exams - Mar 03, 2010
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 03, 2010
- CBSE board exams on; physics paper disappoints students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2011
- School board exams kick off (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- CBSE exams start - Mar 01, 2012
- Board exams: Lengthy english question paper puzzles students (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Over 14.5 lakh students appear for CBSE board exams today - Mar 02, 2009
- Ex-servicemen to invigilate in Himachal school exams - Feb 25, 2012